ARKeX flies airborne geophysical surveys for oil, gas and mineral exploration worldwide. We build instruments, conduct surveys, process and interpret the data. We are a young company with good funding and an ambitious business plan. We are looking for candidates who will thrive in a demanding environment where their personal contribution will be critical to the team's success. We currently have three offices in Cambridge (UK), Sherington (UK) and Houston(USA). In additon we have a number of staff that work in the field all over the world.
We are seeking to fill the following positions:
- Sales Co-ordinator
- Graduate Trainee Exploration Geoscientist - Summer/September 2014
- Processing Geophysicist
- Technical Support Geophysicist
- New Ventures Interpretation Geoscientist - Houston
- Operations - Field Geophysicists
- Senior Interpretation Geoscientist
We are looking for an experienced, motivated and ambitious individual to join our sales and marketing team. This is a new role, reporting to the Marketing Manager, within a rapidly expanding geophysical survey company. The ideal candidate will have previously worked in a sales environment and should be self-motivated and a great organiser with an eye for detail. You will be expected to take responsibility for implementing tasks and seeing them through to conclusion. You will be responsible for assisting the Sales and Marketing Team in creating and implementing a consistent sales workflow to ensure we maximise every possible opportunity.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide a permanent point of contact for new sales enquiries and existing clients to ensure client enquiries are responded to promptly and effectively.
- Filing and organisation of Customer Contracts, Supplemental Agreements, Tender documents, Proposals, central deposit of information required for tenders/proposals, and communication associated with Customer Contracts
- General administrative support to both Cambridge and Sherington office
Sales Document Control/Management
With input from other Departments, creating and maintaining standard specification and workflow documentation
- Manage Sales version control
- Ensure consistency of message and brand throughout all external documentation
- Ensure appropriate approval and sign off has been obtained for external documentation
- Responsible for proof reading of documents before being sent externally
- Assist the Sales departments with tender and proposal documentation to include sourcing information required, piecing the document together to a high quality and presentation standard, chasing responses in a timely manner to ensure the tender/proposal deadline is met.
- Ensuring appropriate documentation and specification has been obtained from the client
- Co-ordinate inputs from relevant departments into the process
- Ensuring that any proposal/tender matches the EXACT specifications from the client
- Responsible for ensuring documents sent out to arrive at its final destination by the deadline.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date customer/contact list within the CRM system
- Ensuring that leads and activities are followed up by the relevant sales teams
- Be the Administrator for the CRM system
- Collate/produce regular reports from the CRM system.
Event co-ordination, supporting the Marketing Manager
- event booking, registrations, hotels and logistics
- Ensure consistent application of the ARKeX brand throughout all external documentation
- Basic maintenance of ARKeX website (via content management system)
- Managing advertising schedules and liaison with design agencies
- Proof reading
- Creation of eMarketing campaigns
- Help produce consistent presentation material
Based across the two sites in Cambridge and Sherington, being based at Sherington, on average 2 days per week. As well as international travel to field sites, marketing opportunities, suppliers, and conferences.
A competitive base salary and benefits package
- Previously worked in a sales environment
- Detail orientated
- Solid administrative, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team environment across multiple time zones
- MS Office skills, in particular Word, are an essential requirement of the role
- Understanding with CRM systems, in particular Maximizer would be advantageous.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter setting out why you believe you are suitable for the role and setting out your salary aspirations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you be successful in reaching the interview stage, we will require you to bring with you to the interview originals of any certificates as well as an up-to-date passport/visa to prove that you are eligible to work within the UK
EAME (Head office)
Cambridge Business Park
+44 (0)1223 427400
Ethiopian Ambassador Visits ARKeX
His Excellency Ambassador Berhanu Kebede of Ethiopia visited the ARKeX offices in Cambridge to learn more about a technology that is helping change the fortunes of his home country.
The increasing use of Gravity Gradiometry in the Exploration Workflow
Overview and video of a talk presented at the Finding Petroleum Conference - The Next Generation of Exploration Technologies (07/03/13). The talk explains the theory of gravity gradiometry and illustrates it with examples from East Africa and Greenland