ARKeX flies airborne geophysical surveys for oil, gas and mineral exploration worldwide. We build instruments, conduct surveys, process and interpret the data. We are a young company with good funding and an ambitious business plan. We are looking for candidates who will thrive in a demanding environment where their personal contribution will be critical to the team's success. We currently have three offices in Cambridge (UK), Sherington (UK) and Houston(USA). In additon we have a number of staff that work in the field all over the world.
We are seeking to fill the following positions:
- Senior Geophysicist
- Graduate Trainee Exploration Geoscientist - Summer/September 2014
- Processing Geophysicist
- Operations - Field Geophysicists
- Project/Crew Manager
We are looking for a Senior Geophysicist with software development focus to contribute to the development of mathematical algorithms and software to implement them. You will also be expected contribute to project work as well as the generation of and management of Intellectual Property.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development, testing and documentation of the mathematical algorithms which form the basis of ARKeX proprietary software.
- Contribute to the design, development, testing and documentation of software applications for all aspects of the business.
- Be involved in and/or execute specific projects as required.
- Provide additional expertise in one or more areas of technology associated with gravity gradiometry and its application to Earth Science, including, but not limited to: mathematical inversion, numerical modelling, seismic tomography and migration.
- Develop IP within the scope of ARKeX's activities, contribute to the documentation and registration of IPR as required.
Additional tasks and responsibilities
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the business to ensure a collaborative approach.
- Develop, document and share professional quality geophysical software.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Geophysics experience
- Experience in software development.
- A good team worker who can also work independently.
- Proven developer of robust code.
- Being able to understand requirements without formal specs.
- Object orientated software.
- Science degree or equivalent
- Experience of C++, Windows programming, computer graphics, Matlab, numerical methods.
ARKeX Cambridge office, with requirement to work in ARKeX Sherington Office, occasional international travel to field sites, marketing opportunities and conferences.
A competitive base salary and benefits package
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter setting out why you believe you are suitable for the role and setting out your salary aspirations to email@example.com
Should you be successful in reaching the interview stage, we will require you to bring with you to the interview originals of any certificates as well as an up-to-date passport/visa to prove that you are eligible to work within the UK
EAME (Head office)
Cambridge Business Park
+44 (0)1223 427400
New Executive Vice President for ARKeX’s Multi-Client Division
ARKeX announced today that it has appointed Chris Anderson as its new Executive Vice President for the company’s Multi-Client division.
XFIELD Webinar now Available Online
New webinar about the new XFIELD plugin for OpendTect available now