Marcellus ShaleQube Survey
The Marcellus shale is one of the largest sources of domestic natural gas to be discovered to date in the US. ARKeX has been working in partnership with Global Geophysical Services to improve understanding of the Marcellus shale’s structural complexity on a regional scale.
- Western Pennsylvania
- 3,500 square miles
- Survey area with limited existing survey data.
- Total Km 27,458
- Acquired 2011
- Line spacing 400m x 2,000m
- Aircraft Cessna 208B
- Generate accurate structural models which can help identify faults
- Quickly and cost effectively improve geologic understanding of the area
- Survey completed in just over 100 days
- Initial results indicate good correlation with basic geologic trends.
- Able to see the density interfaces which influence the Marcellus, particularly the salt which the shale is effectively sitting on
Contact us to discuss your interpretation requirements